- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup cashew cream
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- When the olive oil is hot, about 2 mins, add the diced onion, celery, and carrot. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the onions are mostly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Saute another 5 minutes to cook the garlic.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and wild rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35-40 minutes, until the rice is tender but chewy. Stir in the cashew cream and enjoy!
We recommend pairing with a slice of toasted Kim & Jake’s Gluten-Free Hearty Loaf.