• ½ tbsp avocado oil
• 4, ½ inch thick slices Kim and Jake's Peasant Loaf, cut into½" -1" cubes
• 1 10 oz container cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
• 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into .half moons
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup basil, cut into ribbons
• 1, 8 oz container mozzarella pearls
• ½ cup olive oil
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• 1 small lemon, juiced and zested
• 1 tsp honey
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the avocado oil. Once hot, add the cubed bread and toast for about 5-10 minutes until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a jar with a lid or a small bowl, combine the olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and zest, honey, salt, pepper, and shake or stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the bread, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion; toss to combine. Pour the dressing evenly over the salad; add the mozzarella and basil and toss again. Adjust seasonings based on preference and enjoy.