• 2 pints cherry tomatoes
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 head garlic, top removed
• ½ cup basil
• 3 sprigs thyme
• ½ tsp salt
• ¼ cup olive oil
• Freshly cracked black pepper
• ½ tsp red chili flakes - optional
• 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
• ¼ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large baking dish, add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, salt, olive oil, pepper, and chili flakes if using. Roast for 35-40 minutes until everything is soft and browned.
3. Pour everything into a saucepan and add the vegetable broth. Use an immersion blender to blend everything until smooth. Alternatively, pour everything into a blender and blend until smooth then add to the saucepan.
4. Heat the saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Turn the heat off and stir in the cream.
5. Divide into four bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, cream, pepper, and thyme.
6. Serve with homemade Kim & Jake's bread - try toasting the bread, making a grilled cheese, or toasting it up cubed on the stovetop!